Our Marine Tours
Providing professional voyages for all ages and abilities so whether you want sensitive wildlife observation, thrilling expeditions and adventures or something a little different we have a voyage for you or we will tailor a trip to your needs.
So whether its close encounters with a myriad of wildlife or seeking some adrenalin on the bitches or good old family fun we do it and all with the most modern fleet of vessels with expert guides and skippers. And if we are not comfortable with something then we will decline !
- All ages and abilities From babes in arms to those most senior
- Families We are family people so we know what you want
- Individuals Let us help you join others on an excursion looking for the same experience
- Groups Big families, fun groups, specialist groups … in fact anything that is possible (and legal !)
- Dogs On some sailings we are dog friendly (well behaved and and we do not mix other dogs just in case their not friends).
- Kayak & groups If you need taking somewhere up the coast to make your way back or want to kayak the Bitches then we can organise.
- Safety We can provide safety cover for special events both locally and across the UK. We can also provide emergency response units.
- Charter Charter boats for whatever you want and to go where you want from 1 hour to unlimited.
- Specialist We have more experience with film crews than anyone. We have provided vessels across the UK and been involved in major projects such as Harry Potter, Pinewood studios as well as providing the bulk of Ramsey and Offshore waters support. We also do specialist surveys and can fabricate and adapt equipment to suit the vessels.
- Schools and Educational Dedicated sailings for general education or specific projects. For local schools we aim to provide tickets at cost price to enable our community to appreciate our heritage. For other schools etc we will do our best discounts.
Check out our Q&A page on suitability etc.
Below is a simple tabulated form that outlines our “normal” scheduled sailings if you are unsure which to book.
If you are still unsure then we advise everyone the best starter is the Ramsey Island Voyage as it is a mixture of all things and suitable for all and runs most of the year.
|Ramsey Island||2 Hour Spectacular||Offshore Islands||Puffin Shearwater|
When booking with any company then ask a few questions and identify with a few things. We are not in the business of slating others but we are in the business of identifying what makes us stand out.
Along the coast the only other companies that we would recommend as offering a good standard of service are Dale Sailing, Thousand Island Expeditions, and A Bay To Remember.
- Office Do they have a professional shore base office or is it just a truck or a land rover or nothing ? Do they maintain and staff the office all year regardless of whether they are sailing or not – we are the only ones
- Boats Many are up to 30 years old ! Ours are always renewed ever year or so (part of our own boat building business) and at the most 3 years old.
- Safety Simple things – does their boat have twin powerful engines – only all of ours have this important safety feature as standard.
- How many boats If they only have one then what happens if it has a breakdown. You might not get a sailing but we have several identical vessels so can cover most eventualities.
- Are they local Only we are. Our families and their families plied these waters and walked these lands so it’s in our blood and our children will become the new custodians, but most important is that what we earn goes back into the local community.
- Regeneration Ask them where their revenue goes – most of ours goes back into the local economy ( and it’s not just the pub) !
- Employment Do they provide proper employment and fund and audit staff training.
- Policies Not only ask them for environmental and safety and community policies – ask them to publish them !
- Experience Not only as a crewman or skipper but as a business operator in this field. We are the longest served operator
”It sounds like a gripe …. it’s not as we simply want to point out what your ticket includes. Just keep an eye out for an any operator that can only be found by telephone or on a busy day – if things don’t work out you will struggle to find some genuine after sales care.”
And don’t forget we
- are the only company born and bred in St Davids and are Welsh speaking
- operate a professional company with formal office open all year and are the largest employer
- are the largest operator with the largest and most modern fleet
- are the longest standing operator
- are Carbon Neutral and a major sponsor of local charities and green initiatives
But above all … we are passionate and care
All photographs on this site are taken from our vessels by Janet Baxter, Lyndon Lomax, Richard Helon and our crews.
For Info on the different Voyages that we offer chose from the list on the left side of this page
- The Islands
- Our Marine Tours
- St Davids
- About St Davids
- Other things to do
- Glorious Food
- Transport and Local Info
- St Davids Lifeboat
- St Davids & Pembs Special Offers
- How We Care
- Discounts & Upgrades
- Gift Vouchers
- Buy Now Vouchers and Tickets
- Refunds and Complaints
- Transport and Local Info