CARING FOR YOU, OUR COMMUNITY AND THE ENVIRONMENT
“These waters and this very special place have supported my family and those around us for centuries. It gives us a lot so we must also give something back so that it will be there for the next generation.” John
We are privileged in being able to operate a very successful company in such amazing surroundings. Though it does place a high responsibility upon us and in particular our duty of care to:
- The environment
- You as our customers
- Our employees and the local community
In addition to our environmental and safety polices we have an extensive 5 year plan. In summary the 5 year plan sets its objectives as follows:
- Reducing its environmental footprint by 5% in the first year and then 2.5% per year achieving a total of 15%.
- Increasing its current carbon offset from 100% to 120% within 5 years and to audit the offset credits.
- Promote Ramsey Island for consideration as a statutory Marine Reserve.
- To facilitate greater sharing of specific wildlife sightings and records with approved organisations.
- To regularly audit our own operation for compliance to voluntary and statutory codes of practice.
- To make current codes of practice written company policy.
- To invite external audit of our operations and policies.
How we support others
- Restricting our current charitable donations of up to £15,000 (per year) and other support to organisations that follow environmental and management best practices.
- Increasing donations by £1,000 per year or to a minimum of 1% of turnover.
Community Support & Education
- Offer short training schemes for local youngsters.
- Increase free or subsidised local educational tickets.
- Increase allocation of subsidised tickets for locals who would not or could not normally experience Ramsey Island and the offshore waters.
- To review all suppliers and to encourage them to adopt best practices. Where no effort is shown then to seek alternatives.
- To invest in and encourage relationships with other business in the locality.